Saturday, June 25, 2011

Near the avocado tree


Rodrigo and Josue. Best buds. Spent a few minutes during snack break on Friday afternoon, watching these two gather and toss avocado grenades into the cascading jungle behind the academy, before retreating, covering there ears and yelling explosion noises. Here's to that age, when imagining or becoming anything we want is no farther than our creative minds and the sticks upon the ground. Nothing has changed, only we've become more conscious of the fact that people can hear our imaginary explosion noises, that the neighbors are turning to look and might be disturbed; or if we're adam and eve, that we are naked in the garden.

3 comments:

Jana Stockmeyer said...

Dear Mr. Kaiser,
I finally found your blog after I lost your e-mail adress you wrote down...
After I left Vero Beach, I went on travelling through the south of the U.S. and I did go to New Orleans.
I liked the city a lot but not exactly the french quarter, although I enjoined the jazz music a lot, but there were so many drunk tourists and it was really loud.
But there was a more "green" part of the city where we stayed for a couple of days.
Anyways, I will send you my e-mail adress now so we can keep in touch and you can tell me about this new place (:
I miss you,
Jana
jana.magdalena@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

good writing, real good thought my man. pensive yet devastating. no lie it made me hard of breathing to think i'm no good at explosion noises anymore, to embarassed by all the flying saliva, plus i long lost my last g.i. joe.

Jessica said...

deep. i like. ;-) ....faith like a child.