Wednesday, November 16, 2011

To the El Salvador comedor owners

After three difficult weeks,
the hunger sensation in my body has returned,
and my apatite is feverish;
just in time for a handful of pupusas tonight
out of Los Naranjos.
But here is my heads up
to the El Sal comedor owners,
apron wearers,
pupusa molders,
maiz, atol venders,
chuko mixers,
horchata sharers;
I am on to you, like
kobayashi on hotdogs, like
santa clause on christmas eve rooftops, like
nerves on the lips
of new-years eve kiss
wanters.
I am everywhere,
and will de-vour
pupusas
till curtido is my credo,
empanadas, pasteles, yucca
till oil pools in my naval.
Four weeks until christmas
I am going big,
then going home,

(returning of course).

1 comment:

BP said...

Michael, good to hear from you, man. Pupusas are delicious! Good 'ol Jesse and I actually hit a Salvadoran restaurant not long ago and downed a few. Hope all is well.

To El Salvador from Korea,

Brian