Wednesday, April 9, 2014

song for LA, when she was mine

i once said love, 
to me, 
was less and less about achieving perfection, 
and more and more about pursuing the seemingly impossible, 
together,
gladly. 

perhaps the beauty of this song, 
for me, 
is that it never seemed like it had to be perfect, 
nor did i ever want it to be. 

never had i felt 
so far from having it all together, 
and never did i feel 
so much like i had everything i needed. 

i'm sorry i fell 
so far short, 
of deserving her -  
to wait for me to prove it. 



enjoy the tune
the sounds of my roommates coming home to pick me up for dinner 
and our one year old black lab 
welcoming them triumphantly. 

recorded in one take from our kitchen table, 
in the same chair that it was written, 
one morning in february. 

No comments: