Tuesday, September 25, 2007

half awake politics

my liberal textbook, study guide, and 6 pages of well thought out notes, spill their contents on my desk and fill the mental list of today's accomplishments. I muscle up enough spirit to move on to Malcom X, neatly writing his belief beneath my last tid-bit of checks and balances. Oh american federal government, why do you numb my mental capacity, with your seperation of powers, and never ending supreme court cases. oh the lengths of oppertunity you promise me tomorrow, if it so be i'm not too tired to take advantage of my freedom. and so i shall continue writing, all that my hands will afford, and slowly make my to the civil rights act of 1964. (that last line would make a tight rap). 8 o'clock comes far to quickly, for me to worry about an elogant closing line, and so i'll close this bugger out, with a flashy-fine good-bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

freaking a i'm glad i got one of those ugly black gowns and got to flip that tassle to the other side of my cap. i remember those nights dude and while i feel your pain you ain't getting an ounce of pity from me man. those experiences make all $80,000+ worthwhile. but hey i will say this- i think you are nice