Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Old Man

born into your line
your judgement became mine
and with my lifes first breath
allegiance sworn to death

a lamb to slaughter; wolf of a father
whose love like chains upon my flesh

my old man... soon enough

each morning i rise
to guilt in wakened eyes
and with my yesterday, you taunt into my face
and boast the light of all my shame

your thorn 'neath my feet; i walk as i bleed
a crushed heel between the teeth of...my old man

but soon enough it'll be your head, oh soon enough, soon enough

*my old man, yeah, his name's prideful
shook his fist and gave me an eyeful
all my joy meant all his shame
when he couldn't bare the wealth of the family name

*alan kaiser

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's that stuff kid. i freaking can't wait to hear it someday. don't fail that macro test