Tuesday, March 6, 2012

like violin strings and distant windows


when we stood above
the rooftops, of
cities like houses,
we stars;
i knew i meant the things
i said and
you believed the words i spoke;
like pebbles rippling wake
into planetary shores
there
you took the shape of woman,
colors, broken light,
like stained glass, through
the cathedral
near market
where i stood alone
watching eyes
of children
in the back pew
with fathers hands
securing
and head bowed reverence
like god could hear him,
like god could hear him,
like god
could
hear me
when i shouted,
each time
reaching for my pocket
just to make sure
we were still there
in the indian stone
all the way to clark beach
peddling affection
into sidewalk cracks
onto grass carpets
and palm tree bike racks
my god
if this was love
i found home
i found eternity
i found place
within a world,
where each day
seems I don’t,
where each day fumbles
the words
I swear eloquently
top the ballads of great composers
so i played
like violin strings
and distant windows, and
god she heard me
I sang, and
like a tea kettle
and a back porch springtime
she heard me
two and one half years a way
she saw me
and stepped to my melody
like i’m singing now
she heard me
to eternal and today
she saw me
and stepped to my melody
like violin strings
and distant windows
let her hear me.