Saturday, September 21, 2013

A pleasure to meet you Fiona

I thought it was scientifically impossible to love two people more, until they became three, and before I knew it I was being introduced to their baby girl; as if God reached into my heart and made it exponentially bigger to fit each and every one of her red hairs and one month old tears to be rocked to sleep against her mothers chest, inside.

In 5 days they leave for Edinburgh; and to borrow the words of Zach himself, its rough that I don't know when I'll see you next. So I'll pray god willing and godspeed to you three; I hope soon we'll make four and tea in your wood floored Scottish living room.


It was a pleasure to meet you Fiona. You have the best parents a baby could ask for. Someday you'll know that; and I hope I can tell you about the time your mom called me, and said, "I just couldn't keep it inside Mike;" and the night your pops couldn't sleep, and in the 2 am Florida darkness of our living room, said he couldn't leave town without her knowing he was a changed man. 

You are the daughter of a great love story, best one I know. 

No comments: