Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Charter MUN - General Assembly

I had the chance this afternoon to Skype into a Model UN meeting at Charter High School, and as my eyes scanned the students and u-shaped desks of Mr. Z's classroom, debating the superiority of Ocean vs Land Animals, I couldn't help but reminisce upon all the faces that just three months ago I said goodbye to. The meeting ran far better than any I can recollect being in charge of, and, I wrote this somewhere before, but am confident my face will wear an indelible glow for the rest of the afternoon and evening. I don't know if it's the water, or if Charter feeds its students infinite supplies of supernatural sugar in their orientation powder cookies, but there is something spellbinding in their hello and smiles that make me ecstatic to live life.

I don't know if you knew it Patrick Haas, sometimes I suspected you did, but my biggest fear while teaching was that you'd realize in your front row seat that you were much smarter than myself. I may have had more stuff in my brain, but yours is capable of handling and organizing so, so much more....you should know that....same with you Zachary Hilberer, Candace Lawrence, Mr. Dangler, Mrs. Jacobs, Julian Grudens, and the rest of my first, second, third, fourth, Homebase, sixth, seventh, and eighth hour classes.

Thank you Charter for giving me a podium from which to appear competent. It wasn't any ability of mine, but your esteem, that made teaching such a covetable post in my mind. I am sincerely grateful. Now go find a tree to do your homework under.

Homebase....I'm glad I got that note out before school started. My school address is temporary out of service, so for the time being, feel free to write to MichaelJustin5@gmail.com. Toodles.

No comments: