Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jack London

My babe has got a spine
thicker than my thumb.
With words, and soul,
that answer to no one.

Took me on a plane
passed the ruined ancient Rome.
Took me on a boat,
on a bus,
on a train and home.

Oh my god,
oh my god,
what have i done?

I mistook you
for old and worn;
set you on a shelf
to read elsewhere.

Read the words,
in bold above,
Classics, Please
Handle with Care.

Oh my god,
oh my god,
what have i done?

I have searched
the aisles
for the place i remember;
with yet to find
the shelf that contains
what i left there

But this i know.
Contentment
is a myth, when without
the one you treasure.

Contentment
is a myth, when without
the one you treasure.

1 comment:

alan said...

if that was a poem written by you titled jack london, you are getting ridiculous.