Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Agree to agree: FMLN Rally - Salvador del Mundo

I got into trouble the last time I brought up politics at the dinner table with my Father; however, tonight I have the privilege of claiming non-partisanship, as I only hopped off the bus, and into the middle of a demonstration by the FMLN, the Salvadoran political party currently in power.

Fifty or so supporters were gathered on one of San Salvador's busiest intersection/round-abouts, surrounding the famous statue of El Salvador del Mundo, The Savior of the World. As long as I acted confident, and like someone had assigned me to be there, my lens was never without an 'el sal' smile or peace sign. Unfortunately, it was late in the evening, and I am clueless to recognize storm clouds as significant light reducers, so much of photos did not turn out, however I did get a few that I liked.

I will admit, I am wearing the bracelet, and am anxious to use the red cased ball point pen I received for my part in the rally, however, while Salvadoran politics, better yet, the FMLN would host a hot bed of conversation, I am taking the affirmative solely for free speech, an opinion even Reagan would admire. I am in deep water already for mentioning my dislike for nuclear weapons over the phone, and don't need any more reason to quarrel with my pops come Christmas.

So let your flags wave, stop traffic, and hand out red bracelets. I am more than thrilled to coincidentally stumble into your enthusiasm, be denied a free t-shirt, and collect your paraphernalia with greedy wrists and pockets.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

statue pic is nice

Anonymous said...

Kind of plump people for a People's Party. Z