Thursday, October 13, 2011

It was a

grey sky and fog, an
it rained all day, a
water flicked by your shoes onto the back of your thighs, a
frozen burritos and tater-tots for lunch, an
i really enjoy laughing with these kids, an
"I make juice," an
umbrellas hanging from the window bars, a
there's a leak in our roof, an
i think i'll cook dinner tonight, an
i met my nephew for the first time, an
over a skype conversation, an
i talked to my sister and her kids, an
i want to share coffee with my brother, a
greg zajicek motivational conversation, an
i miss teaching history, an
i'm neck deep in a presentation i should be preparing for, a
no i won't cook dinner tonight, a
there's always love at Mariah's comedor, a
sure why not, my body can handle entirely fried food, an
if you add enough sugar to corn-hash drink, it'll taste pleasing, an
i don't want to do this alone and
i wish i knew how to tell her so,
kind of day.






2 comments:

Davis said...

love it

Kathy said...

Nice, Michael...I am enjoying your blog. You are a creative soul.