Saturday, October 15, 2011

Where you at Drew Barsalou?

I remember a black suv,
chick-fil-a coupons,
and battling zach cole for shotgun;
medieval europe,
lacrosse sticks,
laughter;
'it's too late to apologize' and
your ever dramatic social scene.

What else did we need in life,
honestly,
but the all consuming immediate present?

We lost touch.
I hear your dating a girl now.

I'm sure if we collided, we'd reconvene
that scene,
like yesterday never came between us; but
must we remember life
is not an eternal university campus.
And a nine to five no longer consists of
Dr. Poe's 3:30, Tuesday - Thursday;
and your,
mid-afternoon perma-snack
that never seemed to stop flowing from your
quicksilver/billabong/some surfboard company
back-pack;
(ZC, back me up on that one).

I can't speak on behalf of what you were
to any one else who crossed your path, an
intellectual, honors buff, paper-writing - sandal wearing
goofster; but
hard-to-get-a-hold-of
aside;
it was always worth the time.

Wherever you are;
these days I hope
you got someone
riding shotgun;
because at least, to their gain,
I'm sure as any,
they've got a good story to tell.