Monday, May 14, 2012

Z. Cole's Graduation: May 12, 2012











Saturday, Zach Cole graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary, with a Masters in Theology. I got the chance to travel up and stay with him and Kayla for the weekend, as well as both of their parents, and Zach's brothers, Jared and Seth.

The neatest thing of all to see, was the pride displayed by Zach's dad, Tim, watching his son graduate from his own Alma mater; so when the the organ filled the air and Zach marched into the sanctuary with his red cape and tassel, and he teared up, I knew what true love for a son looked like from the outside. 

It's friends like these that remind us most of the goodness of grace. I tried, and likely did a bad job at communicating to Zach the lengths of thankfulness that I have for his part in my life; and on days when I feel self-pity for not having his caliber within my everyday; it is joy to think of the eternal quality of heaven; and I mean that.

And I think we both sense it in the awkwardness of a 'take care man.' There is nothing fluid within a goodbye to those one lives life most naturally, purely, with.

And so it was; as he drove back through downtown Dallas, to class, over the marked white 'x' in the highway, over the place JFK was shot a second time; and I entered the train station. 

No comments: